Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm Back!

Hey everyone, sorry for the long delay in getting back to this blog. I have my excuses but the main thing is that I'm back. I had a baby girl last year and while carrying her, I was pretty much out of it for the entire nine months. I wasn't able to fence obviously and was a little depressed about that.

Also I have another blog I maintain devoted to my more abstract work (The Medici Club) and when I finally was able to start painting again, I focused on that type of work. I recently had a solo show at the Pacific Grove Art Center in Pacific Grove, Ca where I debuted 38 paintings and monotypes that reflect my thoughts and interests in the relationship between abstraction, science and music. (See my new website, www.princessrashid.com) to see those works.

But now finally, I'm fencing again! YAY!!!!! I recently started training at Stanford University with one of the Cardinal Fencing Club coaches in Epee and Foil. It has been great! I also catch some dry fencing at the local YMCA here in Monterey with the Monterey Fencing Club. So things are good and I'm producing fencing images again. So stay tuned.

This month of August, I'm offering new epee paintings for sale on EBAY through the auction format with Free Shipping! So let the bidding begin. I will be adding 4 paintings total before the end of August. Just a few days so start bidding ASAP! Boy! I'm so excited to see where this takes us.


No comments: