Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally First Place Medal -Women's Epee

Well, my first tournament of the season was last Sunday in Gainsville, FL. It was the "Back To School Duel". I fenced in the Open Epee and Women's Epee event. I won the first place medal in Women's Epee. Hopefully, it is the first of the season :-)

Top four finalist in the Women's Epee Event, "Gainsville's Back to School Duel",
September, 26, 2010. Princess Rashid wins 1st place medal.

It was a LONG, long day. From Tampa, its about a 2 hour drive and the first event checkin was 8:30 am.  We started pretty much on time but I felt terrible. I never slept the night before. My body just wouldn't relax..I tried tea and hot milk. It is just hard for me to sleep the night before a tourney. So I was a little sluggish in the morning for the Open Event.  It was very strong event too....A-rated. (As of right now, results have not been posted..)

Well, I know I didn't win so ....but I kept my chin up. I viewed it as an excellent warm up for the Women's Epee event that was supposed to start around 1 pm.  It all worked out. By getting knocked out of the Open in my second DE, I was able to take a much needed nap.

I would say the nap and staying hydrated and constantly munching on food bars and various snacks kept me going until the end..all the way to Gold. Yay!

Fellow TFA member and friend, Michela standing with me (Princess) after I recieved my prizes.

Oh! The first place winner also received a very cool dagger. Very nice!