Thursday, March 10, 2011

Saber in Detroit, Michigan-NAC D

Princess Rashid (me) @ Summer Nationals in Atlanta, GA


Well, I'm off to another big tournament, the North American Cup (NAC D) in Detroit, Michigan. This time, I will be fencing in the Div II Women's Saber Event on Saturday, March 12, 2011. I'm pretty excited.

However, I have been pretty stressed lately, with recovering from a hamstring injury,  taking coaches exam, traveling, and marketing my artwork. Not to mention, being a mom two active kids, etc...

Tuesday night,  my saber coach gave me an interesting lesson. It was mostly to fix my mind. Apparently, my stress was affecting my fencing...so he made me list my dreams and goals. Based on my list, it was clear that I need to relax and have some fun.

Hmmm.....Any suggestions?

My coach told me to resolve my psychological issues before the tournament so I will be able to focus and not be a house divided so to speak. I admit it will take a minute for me to do this but I have been in the zone before. I know how it feels.

On Saturday,  I will clear my mind and fence one touch at a time. I will keep you posted.....

2 comments:

Jim Kent said...

You have a lot on your plate and mind. I wish I had some sage advice for you to help you let it go while you fence. If you find a way to let it all go when you step on strip…..let me know what worked.

Good luck to you!!!!

PS. I hear you met my friend Colleen. She is really nice; good with kids and a great foil coach.

P. Rashid, Fencer/Artist said...

Thanks Jim. I will post about how it goes.

P.S . Yes, I met Colleen at the Coaches Clinic in Atlanta. She is a very nice and a cool person. It was a pleasure.

Princess