Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You May Call Me- Moniteur of Foil!

You may call me a Moniteur de Fleuret...! Sounds better in the French..eh!?

I recently attended a United State Fencing Coaches Association (USFCA) Coaches Clinic in Atlanta, GA at my old club, Lotus Fencing Academy. One of my coaches and mentor, Walid Mahran, advised me to attend and take the practicum to get officially certified.

Let me just say, this whole certification process was very stressful BUT in the long run, it was worth it...I think!
The Moniteur level is a professional level fencing certification that is designed primarily for those wishing to teach or coach fencing in club, community and school programs without direct supervision. They give group classes and individual lessons to recreational beginners and up to intermediate level fencers that compete. 

Hopefully, one day you will call me, Master d'Armes.

No comments: