Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Epee Revolution"-Acrylic on Canvas



"Epee Revolution"
Acrylic on Canvas
14 x 11"
SOLD
Private Collection -Hackettstown, New Jersey

"Epee Revolution" was a tricky little painting to execute using my "drip and pour" technique. Using this style, I usually like a little more room to let the paint flow and spread on its on. I use a fluid acrylic paint modified with gel medium and that I pour and drip on the canvas. When doing a figure in this manner it can be tricky because the paint wants to spread out as it dries.

To see more paintings in my "drip and pour" style visit my website.

The title came about because I kept visualizing turning spheres (circles) while painting and they came through a little in the background plus at the time I was painting this one, I wasn't yet a epee fencer. I was only a foil fencer at the time but I kept meeting epee fencers who liked my art and asking for more epee images. So I started checking out the epee fencers on the strip at the competitions and they looked like they were having so much fun! Long story short.. I still fence foil but Epee Rocks! Let the Revolution Begin!

No comments: